Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

What would YOU teach young creative writers?

 

Hello from Crippled Beagle Publishing Headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee!

My team and I will soon plan the lessons for my third UT KidsU Creative Writing Camp, and I’d love to know what YOU think the students will enjoy! My previous lesson plans are great, but I’m always looking for new ideas.

The “campers” are grades (rising) 8-12, and we meet for four hours per day, Monday – Friday, June 26-30. On Monday, they’ll be quiet. By Friday, they’ll all be best buds on Snapchat.

The camp is held at the University of Tennessee Conference Center on Henley Street. UT gives me a huge classroom with a projector screen, a computer, flip charts, markers, tables, and chairs. I can rearrange the furniture and raise/dim the lighting. I’ll likely have 15 to 20 students, total.

If you were going to teach a week-long camp for young creative writers, what would you want to include? I can’t wait to read your ideas!

If you know a young person or parent who may be interested in camp information, please share my contact information or forward this email. Parents may learn more and register students at this link: 

Creative Writing (Grades 8-12, rising) - 23SUKU354 (utk.edu)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your creative ideas!

Xoxoxo 

P.S. Remember, I teach adult (18 and older) classes, too. The next one is in June. Here's the full list: Language and Writing (utk.edu)