Pages

Monday, May 1, 2023

Why write? Why not? Be sure to advertise on my website for free:)))))

Recently, I’ve talked to a financial consultant with a fantastic children’s book idea, a 90-year-old retired painter with a multi-generational family story, and other people who have awesome ideas but little understanding of the publishing industry because they operate, professionally, in totally different industries. We aren’t born writers any more than a man is born a banker or a woman is born a scientist. We all have stories to tell, and my #1 job as a writing instructor, editor, publisher, and book marketer is to encourage people to actually tell (WRITE) their stories. Only then can I help them with editing, publishing, and marketing. The pandemic opened up countless hours of free time for many people, and those book ideas floating around in heads across the world started FINALLY leaving heads and landing on screens and paper. In this video, a young lady shares her experience as a writer. Even better, she explains how writing generally helps us. If you have an idea, write!

Here's the link: https://www.ted.com/talks/lucy_whichelo_free_therapy_why_you_should_write_a_book?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

ON A MARKETING NOTE: My huge, insanely detailed, exciting website “relocation” is almost complete. A big part of the new site is the Bookstore, where I want to highlight clients’ work. If you are a previous/current Crippled Beagle Publishing author, check the site. If you do not see your book, let me know. If you do see your book, click the purchase link to make sure the link takes potential readers to the right place. I can link to your Amazon.com buying page, your website, or some other address. I know that some of the images aren’t ideal (size, clarity, etc.). Please point out or send any helpful information, links, or images. Email me at dyer.cbpublishing@gmail.com or jody@crippledbeaglepublishing.com with your suggestions or requests. If everything looks good and works well, you do not need to email me. My hope is that folks who visit my website will also visit the bookstore and buy your book!

Go to Crippled Beagle Publishing (plain test URL is https://www.crippledbeaglepublishing.com/). Then go to the top of the page and click Bookstore. Be sure to also visit the Author Shop, where you can find a growing list of free and inexpensive tools to help you reach your goals.

HAPPY WRITING AND MARKETING!

Xoxoxo

Jody