Pages

Friday, December 9, 2022

A Gift that Gives for Generations --- Can you tell I like alliteration? And rhymes? Ha! Read on, writer!

 Happy holidays from Crippled Beagle Publishing,

Last week, I packed and shipped CUTE gift boxes for Legacy Writing Club members. Several people emailed me back with delightful responses. Yay! I can't wait to host this unique program, and I hope more people will join. Registration ends 12/22/22, so if you want to finally write about your life or put all of your creative writing into a collection, keep reading. MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you would like to buy a Legacy Writing Club Membership as a holiday gift for someone, do that BEFORE DECEMBER 15 so that I can pack, wrap, and ship the box to you. Then you can surprise the member with a tangible box of writing-related treats.

Time and again, people have asked me to help parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles document life stories and compile creative writing. I have witnessed countless benefits to everyone as the writers passionately shared their minds and hearts. Many families desire similar information but need a slower, more affordable process to get those stories recorded. Sometimes writers need “prompting” to put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, or voice to recorder. For these reasons, I created Legacy Writing Club. I was also inspired by my mother and grandmother, of course!

The photo above is of my mother, Donna Kirkland Cantrell, in 1972. She is 25, wearing the real shag hairstyle, and teaching English. She loves teaching the written word and places tremendous value on sharing her thoughts on paper. In her journals to me, she writes advice, anecdotes, notes on rural living, childhood memories, what her dreams are for her future and the futures of my children and me, and more. My paternal grandmother, Wimmie, originally encouraged Mama to keep journals because she started writing journals to me when I was born. Even though Wimmie passed away when I was only five years old, she has tremendous influence in my life to this day, all because she wrote stories, ideas, advice, and recipes for me. Now, I am 48 and still read those journals! I keep their journals right beside my bed so that if there's ever a middle-of-the-night emergency, I can save them. They are my MOST VALUABLE possession.

In the photo below, I pose with Wimmie (Wilma Mae Riner Roberson). I was a big fan back then because she let me eat Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips right out of the bag, mailed me real baby diapers to use with my baby dolls, and once borrowed a mama cat and her litter of kittens from a neighbor just so I could play with them during my visit from Tennessee to Virginia.

I encourage all of you to write for your families, especially the youngest members. If you'd like a guided process, I'm here and ready to host you through the Legacy Writing Club or one-on-one. At a glance, the membership includes:

An exciting gift box to help you or your loved one start writing

Weekly writing prompts

Support, tools, tips, and encouragement

A low-tech experience

Office hours for one-on-one phone calls

Deeply discounted one-on-one writing assistance

The option to submit original stories/creative writing

The option to submit stories in handwritten form

The option to extend Legacy Writing Club membership

The option to receive a first draft digital manuscript

The option to print copies of your Legacy Book

AND MUCH MORE!

This time next year, you could be wrapping your book in holiday paper and giving it to with family and friends. Imagine the joy that would bring to you and how excited they would be to receive such tremendous treasure!

If you'd like more information/have questions, reply to this email or CLICK HERE.

No matter what, write!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

xoxoxo

Jody

P.S. I sign my letters "xoxoxo" because Wimmie did.