Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

Are you giving readers multiple buying options? It's easier and less expense than you may think. Keep reading ...

 Happy FRIDAY!

Back in the old publishing days, when MOST authors were rejected and those who did get through the big publishing house gauntlet had to twist and change to meet retail demands, hardcovers came out first. Those days are over. Now, based on my research and, well, reality, I believe it's best to publish all versions at once. Why not give readers options? Think about it this way. Some folks buy paperbacks to read, hardcovers as gifts, and eBooks to take on the road. My cousin Annie reads one or two books per week. Right now, she's working in abroad for a few weeks. She started a couple of books at home in New York and likely borrowed those books on her library app connected to her Kindle so she can continue reading them in the air and on a different continent. She may buy all three versions of one book. Who knows? Regardless, why limit your readers' options? Note that some books (namely heavily illustrated books) may not convert well to ePub, but Kindle versions typically work well. Call or email me to talk about your project. To download my free Book Marketing Annual Planner, click HERE.

Plus, this is a great marketing tactic. When readers scan your buying pages, they see those options and likely think, Wow! This book must be good if it's available in all of these formats.

Those formats are:

  1. Paperback
  2. Hardcover
  3. ePub (ePubs work across all types of devices)
  4. Kindle (these sell more often than ePubs and work for most books)
  5. AUDIO BOOKS - I've created two. Ask me all about this.

You will be surprised at how inexpensive it can be to create a second or third or fourth version. Typically, the cost covers only my team's time, the conversion fee from paperback/hardcover to ePub, a few quick adjustments to the initial cover design, the cost of an ISBN, and uploading fees. When I write my own books or ghostwrite for clients, I do ALL FOUR immediately. Make the small investment so you aren't leaving money on the table or short-changing readers.

If you have one version and want to explore adding others, email or call me. Let's get that priced and on the calendar!

Happy book marketing and Merry Christmas.

xoxoxo

Jody

P.S. If you missed it, download (FREE) my Book Marketing Annual Planner - The Gift of Time by clicking HERE:)

woman wearing denim jacket reading book
caption for image