Pages

Friday, July 8, 2022

Create a few humans. Why not? You are a writer, right?

 Dear Creative Friend,

You may have noticed that I'm trying to mix up the format here on my weekly correspondence (remember when ladies practiced the art of correspondence?). Nowadays (also an old word), we have so many methods by which to teach, share, and learn. Plus, we are busy, and I've heard that a little Jody talk can go a long way, or be long-winded, so, again, I'm mixing up the content for your reading/viewing/listening pleasure.

Many weeks ago, I shared the five senses brainstorming methods my clients and students enjoy. Today, I've attached a SHORT slide deck (saved as a pdf here for easier printing) that introduces you to the brainstorming method I like best: LISTING. Remember, Excel spreadsheets are my planning pages for all projects. Normally, I present these slides live, using them as a basic outline, through class discussion or individual coaching sessions, so if you want more information or to set an appointment when we can brainstorm in-depth together, reply to this email. I think you'll get the idea quickly.

Here's the slide deck:)

CBP Brainstorm Method_Listing_Quick Slide Deck.pdf

To use listing to not only brainstorm but also CREATE/get to know characters/people in your writing, The workbook is 24 pages and accommodates plans for four characters, but you can easily duplicate pages. Enjoy!

Happy writing,

Jody

caption for image