Pages

Friday, March 18, 2022

A FOLDER FULL OF EXAMPLES just for you. Open me:))))

 Hello creative,

When I taught middle and high school, I often assigned complex projects for students to actually create and produce outcomes in tangible form. When teaching Excel spreadsheet tools, I handed out baseball cards and asked students to examine the text, tables, images, and formatting and use online tutorials and my guidance to literally recreate the backs of baseball cards using Excel commands. All they really needed was the VISUAL aid of the actual baseball cards to excel at Excel!

There's an educational term for the "good" finished example, but the word escapes me, so let's just call it that—a good, finished example. In my online course and with my one-on-one clients, I urge authors to create Author Brand Marketing Kits. These are folders of go-to items that help authors promote their work.

You can work with my team to create a similar portfolio of useful items and templates. If you'd like help or would like to take the course module that teaches Author Brand Marketing Kit, let me know, and I'll send you pricing information. You can also save money by creating these items yourself. We use CANVA. I pay for the "Pro Plan" so my team can work together in the same account, but Canva also has a free option.

To help you understand, I have attached a good, finished examplemy client Randall Lange's Author Brand Marketing Kit pieces. Below is a screen shot of three postcard options Lauren designed, and the Zip folder contains everything else.


I share client examples for a couple of reasons: First, I help promote their work to my community. Second, I like to share work for/by writers just like you. When you open the Zip folder, note that the branding is consistent across every piece. Also note that Lauren created templates so that Randy's family and my team can repurpose content throughout the year. Christy and Randy will post news, images, ideas, and videos whenever they like, while my team strategically schedules posts to help Randy build a strong fan following over time. Be sure to follow Randy on his brand new social media accounts. Find him as Randy's Josh and Friends on Facebook and Instagram.

Below is the file. Take a look, gather ideas and inspiration, and reach out to me if you need help.

Example Author Brand Marketing Kit_Author Randall Lange.zip

​HAPPY MARKETING!

Jody

P.S. If you'd like to learn more great tips like these, be sure to stay in the Crippled Beagle Publishing loop! Click here to join the list and email my free Annual Book Marketing Planner.